If you’re reading this, hopefully it’s because you too have come to the realization that Mobile is quite possibly the cutest city by the bay. From Mardi Gras to football our azalea city is full of entertainment all season long. Today I rounded up my favorite places to go, eat and stay in the city of Mobile!
If you are planning a visit here soon I hope you see all the charm and character we have to offer. It truly is a charming place and I’m glad to have found this little gem by the water years ago. It is my home and I hope you love it too!
BONUS: if you’re a photo lover like me read this next, Instagrammers Guide to Mobile, AL.
Places to Go:
1. See a show at the Saenger Theater! The Saenger Theater offers a wide range of entertainment including music, shows, movies etc.
2. Tour the USS Alabama Battleship. Get deep into what it was like at sea while touring the battleship.
3. Go on a Gulf Coast duck boat tour of the city. Ps: you can bring your own booze!
4. Walk the fun streets of Downtown Dauphin St. (get a drink at The Post or Wet Willies)
5. Go to the Mardi Gras Museum and learn about the birthplace of Mardi Gras in Mobile
6. Take a short drive and tour the Bellingrath Gardens and Mansions.
7. Tour some of our southern mansions: The Oakleigh House and Bragg-Mitchell Mansion are some of my favorite
8. Learn more about our towns history at the History Museum of Mobile
9. BONUS: if you’re here during Mardi Gras catch a parade in downtown (use this website to view the schedules) and/or on St. Patrick’s day we have an amazingly fun St. Paddy’s day parade downtown too!
Where to Eat:
1. Definitely go to The Noble South (farm to table and delicious!)
2. Southern National – Try their cathead vodka cocktails
3. NoJa – Try the panko crusted fish with their sweet potato mashed potatoes
4. Chuck’s Fish – Try the chicken piccata
5. The Royal Scam – Try the shrimp étouffée
6. Squid Ink – The avocado toast is amazing
8. If y’all love coffee shops we have tons of cute ones around too like: Chaleur Method Coffee House and Nova Espresso (read my post here on my favorite local coffee shops)
9. Foodie/Trendy places I love to snack at: The Cheese Cottage (for charcuterie and wine), Maple Street Biscuit Company, Mamas Cafe, Guncles (pastries) and Cammie’s Old Dutch for ice cream.
Where to stay:
1. The Renaissance Battle House Hotel and Spa
2. The Malaga Inn
3. The Fort Conde