Lets be honest, a rainy day can put a damper on any plans or even your mood. At least, thats what a lot of people think. But it doesn’t have to be…
For rainy day lovers like myself, theres nothing better than snuggling up in my house with my coziest blankets and a good movie while watching the rain come down. In the south, we get a ton of bad rainstorm especially during the summer they happen almost every day like clock work. However, I happen to love when it rains because its exciting to watch the crazy weather unfold.
Rainy days are the best excuse to do your favorite things and so I put together a few of mine to help get you in the right mood and enjoy your rainy day!
SHOP THIS POST:
(click on an item below to shop)
The best rainy day movies to watch:
What could possibly feel better than cuddling up under a soft blanket in front of a screen for a couple of hours, while the windows, blur from the heavy raindrops invading the glass? Rainy days are perhaps the best days to take the time and cross out another film from that list of yours. So I rounded up some I think you should watch or re-watch.
(click on an image below to see more or watch)
My Rainy Day Playlist:
Whether its chores you’re catching up on around the house or just want some light music on in the background these are my favorite calming songs to put on during a rainy day.
8 Things to do to pass the time:
- Bubble Bath = take a long relaxing bubble bath with your favorite epson salts and listen to the rain roll in.
- Bake = chocolate chip cookies or some yummy brownies on a cold rainy day is the perfect treat! So get to cooking in your kitchen on this rainy day.
- Plan your next trip = stuck in the house? Start researching the next place you’d like to visit, near or far. It helps pass the time and a lot of fun.
- Board Games = grab the family together and break out those dusty old board games that you haven’t used in years.
- Read = finally! Read that book you keep putting off or start a new one.
- Movie Marathon = pick a movie from my list above and cuddle up by the fire.
- Zen Out = turn on your favorite fairy lights, favorite music (listen above), make a cup of hot coco or tea and watch the rain come down.
- Trip down memory lane = go through old photos, journals and/or videos and reminisce on the memories you made.
Ultimately just enjoy your rainy day! Its the best excuse to wear your comfiest clothes and bum around the house all day haha.
What are your favorite things to do on a rainy day?
Tell me in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading!
(rate this post, like it, share or comment below! No account required.)