It’s finally here! I’ve started a new series on the blog called #BlonderellaBookClub. Each month I’ll suggest books that I’m reading and write reviews on them. As a little girl, I’ve always enjoyed reading. There would be times I’d stay in my room for hours with my nose in a book; especially ifI was reading Harry Potter, Judy Bloom, Twilight or the Series of Unfortunate Events. Oh to be a pre-teen again haha! My love for books and reading has been with me forever and I’m so excited to be sharing some of my favorites each month with all of you. And hopefully, we can all start a discussion because there’s nothing I love more than discussing a book with others after I’ve read it.
Fun Facts About Reading:
- Reading is the best exercise for your brain. It helps build your vocabulary.
- Reading reduces stress and anxiety levels.
- Reading helps improve your memory by having to remember new characters every time.
- Reading helps you gather stronger analytical thinking skills. For example, in a mystery novel if you can figure it “who did it” you were using critical thinking to sort things together based off the clues given to you in the book.
- Reading can improve your writing skills just like it builds your vocabulary.
- Reading can motivate and inspire you. It also develops creativity.
- Lastly, reading introduces us to the unknown fantasy world. Books are a window to the world and let us dream/escape for a while.
My January Reading list:
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan – Autobiography/Memoir
- Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak – Humor, Fiction
- Nine Women, One Dress by Jane L. Rosen – Humor, Fiction, Romance
click on the book links below to purchase and/or read the first chapter.
I just started reading Brain on Fire and plan to have a review on it along with the other books by the end of the month since these are all relatively short reads. My journalism professors actually recommended Brain on Fire to me and as I read the short description I was instantly hooked. In fact this book has gotten so popular that its becoming a major motion picture. So get to reading, before the movie comes out!
If you decide to read along with me use the hashtag #BlonderellaBookClub in your instagram photos or tweets and we’ll be able to chat about the books we read (or you can always direct message me)! So lets start a discussion and get to reading haha!
I hope you all enjoy my January reading list and feel free to comment below with suggestions for next months book post, February.
My exact shoes are from Crown&Ivy and you can find them here. They’re extremely comfortable and I wish I bought them in every color available (pink, grey and navy). I paired these cute slingback flats with navy gingham pants, a Ralph Lauren polo bear collection sweater and a J.Crew navy parka to keep me warm. I loved wearing this outfit! It was the perfect combination of cute and cozy. Ideal for a day of book reading at your favorite local coffee shop 😉 haha.
Stay tuned for an update in a couple of weeks for my reviews on each book.
Thanks for reading!
(rate this post, like it, share or comment below! No account required.)