A U G U S T. Yup it’s finally August! This month always brings a shift or transition for me. Although I know its still summer, I can’t help but begin to dream of fall crisp mornings, the smell of pumpkin pie and orange leaves changing all around. This is the perfect month, in my opinion, to start getting all your fall things in order. Meaning, stock up on your fall scented candles from Bath and Body & transitioning your summer wardrobe into fall.
Where I live the weather has been indecisive as of late. Some days its breezy and cool, or wet and rainy while other days are still very hot. I can’t wait until the temperatures officially drop but until then I’ll keep dreaming of cooler weather haha. The next season doesn’t seem that far away so I thought it would be the perfect time to start planning my fall outfits.
Below is the first of my fall series look books of the season. My first look is a more casual/transitional look since its not as cold out (however, when we took these pictures a few days ago it felt like the perfect fall day). I’ve linked everything I’m wearing below and included some of my favorite fall transitional pieces to get your fall wardrobe up and running by the end of the month.
SHOP THIS POST:
(click on image below to shop)
For fall transitional outfits (aka when the weather isn’t as cool yet) I like to mix things up a bit. For instance, I paired an a-line denim skirt with a chunky beige sweater, a vintage hat and some booties to complete the look. Its very casual and the skirt gives it a more transitional look/feel especially if its not as cold out yet. *Tip: instead of ankle booties you could even wear a cute leopard ballet flat.
continue reading below
5 Fall Transitional Pieces:
- Boyfriend Jeans = I love a good pair of jeans, but ‘boyfriend’ cut jeans have been my favorite to wear by far! They fit just right and aren’t so skin tight like skinny jeans. I like to pair my boyfriend jeans with a cute chunky heel and sweater for date-night or flats and tee for a more casual look.
- Oxfords = In my opinion, an oxford flat is my favorite fall staple! They can be worn casual or dressed up and I love how vintage they can look. My favorite pair that I wear a lot can be found, here.
- Lace Cami & Cardigan Trend = This is for those ‘not quiet fall weather’ yet. A lace camisole top with a cardigan is the perfect go-to outfit for the season.
- Denim Skirts = I love denim for so many reasons, it matches with anything and there’s such a variety of styles. But for better or worse, denim skirts are officially cool again and I’m 100 percent on board. MY favorite style and length is the a-line denim skirt because it flares out at the hem and accentuates your waist line.
- Long Sleeve Dresses = Out of everything on this list, long sleeve dresses are perhaps the best article of clothing to wear during the last days of summer transitioning into fall. It’s still appropriate for a mildly hot day with a slight breeze as you get ready for next season.
Pin this for later on Pinterest!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Can’t wait to show you the next fall look book coming soon. In the meantime, what are some of your favorite trends to wear during the fall transition season? Tell me in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading!